Santa Clarita, CA
Crawford and Richard WeeCare
Welcome to Crawford and Richard Family WeeCare, we strive to create a safe and caring community of young explorers inspi...Read More
6 Wks - School Aged
Mon - Fri
It is my belief that life is full of teachable moments, and the more we create the better we are. Children are our most precious gift, and understanding what a blessing it is to be able to create these moments and help to promote and nurture the success of our future generation is an honor and should be viewed as such. Thereby through engaging innovative educational activities, your child will be able to build the skills, friendships, and memories that could last a lifetime and be the building blocks to their future success and fully prepare them to excel in kindergarten and beyond.
The fact that I have a Masters degree and decades of experience teaching, directing, and working with children and families in academics, life skills, and transitions helps to ensure that children are achieving all developmental, emotional, social and academic milestones and excelling while also becoming bilingual in both English and American Sign Language.
Here at Prestige, children will learn letters, numbers, shapes, colors, seasons, months of the year, days of the week, along with beginning phonics, sharing, turn taking, compromise, following instructions, and how to develop and build peer relationships as students become cognitively ready.
Additionally, Prestige continues to stand apart as we put our students safety above all else by going above and beyond the “standard” protocols of normal daycares and schools to safeguard every child in our care by implementing the following practices to address the ongoing Pandemic of COVID-19:
1. Students are picked up and dropped off at the front door of the school. Adults other than staff ( me) and home residents are not allowed to be present inside school without masks and gloves to minimize cross-contamination from individuals and adults exposed to environmental risks. Pictures of children are taken and uploaded to WeeCare parent portal Consistently throughout the day so parents and caregivers can see the child’s daytime routine, activities, and happenings every single hour. I remain accessible by phone or text at all times during school hours for parents or caregivers.
2. Children have their own assigned individual cubbyholes for their belongings, they are not shared thus eliminating again cross-contamination.
3. Children each have their own individual cots, with their own individual sheets for sleeping and blankets and are not shared, and are sterilized at the end of each day.
4. Students have their own individual potty chairs which are assigned and therefore they are not shared.
5. Hot meals which are provided and made on site for lunch each day as well as snacks have supplies brought in and delivered once a week with non-contact delivery and which are sterilized prior to being put away Or utilized.
6. Any and all toys which have the possibility of being put in a child’s mouth are nightly sterilized utilizing a sanitation method which places them in a plastic jug at which point they are put in a solution that decontaminates them and then dries overnight before placing them back into full access for children the next morning.
7. Any and all common surfaces that are utilized by children and staff are sterilized each night after the close of school as well as throughout the school day.
8. All produce such as vegetables are now being locally grown organically onsite through hydroponic growing which is expected to also expand into fruit such as strawberries for even further protection and elimination of possible contamination from outside sources to our students.
9. Paper towels for drying hands and wiping up spills are now being utilized solely instead of hand towels.
10. Bathroom and kitchen now have automatic soap dispensers for soap dispensing for hands for continuous washing.
11. Trash cans located throughout the school all are hands-free and utilize a foot pressing motion to open.
12. Bottles of hand sanitizer are located throughout the school as well as continuous encouragement being provided for ongoing handwashing and sterilization techniques.
13. Children are constantly being reminded of covering their coughs and sneezes with the crook of their arm instead of utilizing their hands to diminish the possibility Of airborne particulates.
14. A hospital grade HEPA filter purification system has been incorporated into the school area to remove 99% of all airborne bacterial, viral, and dust particulates in the air.
15. Restricted movements of those residing within the household of the school has been upheld since March 13, 2020. No outside environmental connections have been made other than back-and-forth to a single family members house once every two weeks, and one specific program which includes one individual person all while in N95 mask, or for the program full facial mask with full respiration system.
16. Children are prohibited from sharing cups, snacks, food, toys, or any individual items brought from home.
17. MERV 13-16 filters are now being utilized in air conditioning systems to filter out dust, pollen, bacteria, and virus particulates
18. All attending children’s temperatures are being taken daily as well as the directors at the beginning of the school day, utilizing a hospital grade medical infrared scan that does not touch any child or staff to avoid possibility of cross-contamination.
These are just a few of the things that make us unique and have been put into practice here at Prestige Preschool to ensure the safety of our students, as nothing is more important than happy, healthy, safe children surrounded by experiences to grow and learn in a nurturing environment .
Style of teaching is individualized and all inclusive consisting of Montessori style curriculum combined with arts, music all while addressing social-emotional learning and whole child cognitive growth.
I have over two and a half decades of experience teaching and working with families, individuals, and children (both neurotypical and those with special needs). I retain a Master’s level degree, am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (with speciality focus in children), a Professional Clinical Counselor, a Children’s Behavior Specialist, and a Level III Child Advocate, as well as an Educator and Director.
I graduated Summa Cum Laude from CSU With my masters degree, and magna cum laude with my bachelors degree. I have earned additional certifications in different modalities working with children and families in areas such as behavior modification, early childhood education, applied behavior analysis, habilitation therapy, solution focused interventions, child advocacy as well as general teaching and educational instruction. I also have degrees in fitness and nutrition and computer science.
The design and facilitation of Prestige Preschool is enriched by my previous experience working in a multitude of environments which included both private and public schools, community settings, site-based, and home locations. I confidently and effectively incorporate my professional accolades, education, extensive experience and acquired skill set to provide age appropriate academics and activities in safe and balanced loving social environment that promotes the progression of each child both academically as well as socially and emotionally.
I believe in full transparency and am reachable through text or phone by my parents at all times throughout the day to answer any questions they may have. I believe trust and open communication is imperative to a great relationship and experience for all.
I have created a safe happy place where your child can feel as though it is a home away from home. Where they are free to learn, grow, explore, and question. Here, little minds can thrive and little ones can play all under the careful supervision of a highly educated and experienced instructor. Toys and educational equipment are age appropriate and safe. Here at Prestige not only do we have an indoor classroom with tons of activities to engage little minds and bodies, but there is also a private fully fenced backyard with open space to run, and climbers, slides,swings, train tables, trampolines, art easels, and water tables for children to play with. Schedule your tour today, and see why we are indeed called Prestige. We look forward to greeting you and your little ones.
$65 - $250